Jenns Amazing Blurbages

A rather frightening display of post adolescent teen angst. Soon to be out of the teens for good I find myself psychologically disturbed, so I might as well talk about it. Enjoy! :D

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Turkey parties!


Since high school has been over it seems like time is going much faster then I want it to.

One day blends into the next day and the next and the next and lifes excitements are few and far between. You work 5 days for 2 days off... which don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but the things you look forward to are what keeps you going. You think... "WOOT! Our anniversary!" and you look forward to it for weeks because you anticipate it as being larger then life. Then the day comes and it feels like any other day.

Pete is so sweet. He is always trying to make me happy. He can be somewhat jaded in regards to what romance is, but I know he trys.
I am also not saying that my anniversary was bad, it was great.
I just watch too many movies and expect too many things.
That is my problem.

So now I'll find something else to look forward to that will fill me for a short time with a feeling of purpose in this life, and then in a flash it will be gone again and I'll be back where I always am.

God this sounds depressing.

I've heard that when you figure out the meaning of life... your life then lacks a purpose.
I don't want to be jaded but I don't want to know the truth either.
I PREFER to think that this is just a s-t-e-p-p-i-n-g- s-t-o-n-e on the way to some greater destination.
Let's all hope it is.
Then, I find, you don't fear death, you accept it as the next step.

Thanksgiving is really just around the corner and what do I have to be thankful for?
In an effort to cheer up this dreary column...

I am thankful for Pete, who has given me strength and wisdom that I thought was beyond me... and a love that defys predictability and social acceptance. He is my rock.

I am thankful I have friends like Jacki who see my bitchy attitude on a daily basis and don't go running for the hills.

I am thankful that I have children (although they were not shat from my womb and are of feline form) who always want to love me and be near me, regardless of what an impatient and finicky mommy I may be.

I am thankful for crisp autumn weather and the leaves falling from the trees that signifys the changes and adaptations of the world we live in.

I am thankful for kitten heels and sundresses.
Chocolate kisses and new shampoos.

I am thankful for long hot showers having the ability to change my moods from sad to blissful.

I am thankful that I have the right to choose who I am and what I want to be.

I am thankful for my b-i-g belly because it makes me, ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home